Thursday, September 1, 2011

Confession #31 - Freckles

This post is about freckles.


Beautiful, glorious, twinkling, fabulous freckles.


Confession: I love freckles.

When I was a kid, it was frowned upon to have freckles...


If you had them, you were encouraged to hide them, or endure endless teasing.
Some kids were just plain sad, some hated their freckles...

But... quietly, I didn't understand the big deal.

Freckles are adorable.


Like a wonderful surprise - when you walk up closer to someone, and discover their face is sprinkled with those awesome little flecks.

Like... if you pulled a box of tic tacs from your pocket and were to discover that all of them were adorably making faces at you.


Aww!

The thing that is great about freckles is that they can be cute, 
but they can also totally be sassy.


I - my whole life - have wanted freckles.

When I was a kid - back when Neve Campbell was a big deal - I wanted her freckles.


She was cute - totally girly.


Glam!


Her awesome freckles in turn made me want awesome freckles.


Any Halloween costume I could add freckles to, I would - whipping out the eyeliner pencil and twisting here and there, to make sure you could tell I had freckles, but ensuring they looked like they should have been there all along.

Maybe my freckle desire was silly.
Or weird.
(Whatever!)

But the good news is - finally - after all these years...


Now I have freckles too!

:oD

Love your freckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment