Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Confession #33 - Opinionated

Confession: I love to be opinionated.

But only as long as nobody objects to my opinion. 
:o)

I'm totally the one willing to quip in with an opinion or story that somehow relates to what is currently being discussed.


Sometimes I wish I could stop this verbal diarrhea, but alas.
It is just who I am.
Most of you know this, and have been witness to it, for sure.

I don't want to be an opinionated know-it-all though.
I worked for one of those once!


Secretly she is rolling her eyes! You know it!!

And I try very hard not to be rudely opinionated.
I don't want to offend someone. Ever!


(Don't you know how crazy you look???)

But I am soooo on board for being the most opinionated know-it-all old lady!
Throwing out warnings about how you'd better put butter on that burn, or peroxide in your cuts, or don't stare at the sun, or don't eat chocolate because it will give you acne, or stop coddling your 2 week old... or other ridiculously stupid information that is totally out-dated. 

:o)


While browsing the aisles of the 
soon-to-be-totally-embarrassingly-blown-out-of-business Borders,
 I happened upon this gem.


A journal for someone with ... opinions??
Where have you been all my life?!

:o)

Sometimes I am terrible at journal-keeping.
Who isn't.
But we should! I testify to you that journal-keeping is a blessing to yourself (sometimes keeping the facts really matters, sometimes venting is the only way to deal with your day/week), and to your posterity!! 
I want my kids to be able to know who I am, no matter what happens, just in case something DID happen - I need a backup. I want their children's children to be able to know something about me if they wanted to, just by reading my journals.

(This is also why I stopped - personally, my decision - complaining in my journals. I was about 20, when I realized... what if someone finds this journal? It won't be some great discovery hundreds of years later... it will be the discovery that someone was whiny and ungrateful!! Rubbish rubblerubble rubble!... I want to make sure they know who I am not what I didn't like. Or whatever.)

This journal is terrific.

Mostly because other than my regular journal, it is wonderful when I feel like I have nothing to write about, this ALWAYS has something. Basically every page has something you have to make a decision about. You have to almost make a stance and an argument! Don't worry, it's about the really important things in life - 


:o)

But I love it because sometimes it brings things in me and in my opinions out and onto the pages, whereas normally I wouldn't be able to voice such things in my own journal, without leaving my post-decessors the chance to wonder if my journal-keeping halted at one point in order for me to be properly fitted into my long white jacket...

Anyways!
If you are opinionated and need a place to vent, I recommend amazon-ing this book.
If you are young or old, and still need to figure out who you are, same advice.
If you are terrible at journal-keeping, ditto.

And you don't neccessarily have to BUY the book if you are short on funds - make your own! It will be fun. Pick two random things, and explain which you pick and why. One of the first pages in this book is Reason vs. Emotion - excellent topic. Next to it? Nerd vs. Jock.

... >_>  ... <_< ... Choose Wisely ... as with all things in your life.

Ok now for something adorable.

:o)


Oh you little rascals you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment