Thursday, September 29, 2011

Speedy "Enchiladas"

I have to admit, I have never made actual enchiladas before.

However.
These were a huge success, so I had to share my recipe.
:o)

This is the filling:


SPEEDY ENCHILADAS
Ingredients:
1/2 pouch of taco (or 'burrito') seasoning
1/4 cup water
4 chicken breasts (even if they are frozen)
1 (15oz) can Hormel chili w/beans
3/4 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
tortillas

Directions:
PLACE chicken in a big pot. I believe they are called dutch ovens. Fill with enough water to cover the chicken.

BOIL the chicken until cooked thoroughly. (Trust me!) Takes about 20 minutes. It's ok to cut one in half to check. ☺

DRAIN chicken, and put chicken on a cutting board. Rinse out your big pot and put it to the side - you're going to use it again in a minute.

SHRED chicken, using two forks to rip it apart - hold the chicken still with one fork, and pull chicken away in short movements with the other fork. 

PLACE chicken back in your big pot. 

SPRINKLE taco seasoning and water over chicken.

HEAT, while stirring, until the taco seasoning is fully distributed through the chicken.

ADD chili, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. (Everything else)

STIR ingredients together until heated to desired temperature and the cheese has melted.

SERVE as a burrito filling,

or

STUFF tortillas with filling, and place in 9x13" pan.

SPRINKLE tortillas with shredded cheese.

BROIL for approximately 5 minutes. (Until cheese is melted)

SERVE and enjjjjooooy!

♦♦♦
When I made this it took me less than ... 40 minutes? 
From boiling the chicken all the way to getting it on the table.
Fast, delicious, flexible... add what you want!

Let me know if you make this, please.
My family is biased.

(°°)

No comments:

Post a Comment