Friday, August 12, 2011

Logan, the Kindergartener

July 27th, 2011
The Art Smock

When Logan's kindergarten packet came in the mail, with the hefty list of supplies he would need, my eyes caught on the line, "Please include 1 art smock (an old shirt, trimmed to wrist length) - label with child's name"...

This could go a few ways, I'm thinking. Old t-shirts... with gaping arm holes... hmm.
Logan's father donated a shirt to the art smockery. After a good wash, I trimmed the sleeves to wrist length, as instructed. It was SO boring. Maybe I have something wrong with me. Who knows. All I know, is that it needed to look less slobby.

Cue montage music, overlaying the video replay of replacing the shirt cuffs on the shortened arms, hand painting a Mario M with Logan's name on the front pocket, and sewing velcro on the inside of the button strip so that it looks like a button-up, but he doesn't actually have to button it. End montage music. :o)

The art smock of Mario is born. 
Logan is pretty excited. :o)
Secretly, I am excited too, because nobody else will have an art smock like it. :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment