Friday, August 12, 2011

Princess Eleanor

August 9th, 2011
The Princess Dress

I have to start this post by explaining that for some reason, I am a total weirdo when it comes to autumn, and Halloween. It is my favorite time of the year. I just love the clean, crisp air... the crunchy fall leaves... the fun activities... candied apples, pumpkin farms, the ability to dress up as anyone you want - be anyone you want - for one day!... I just love it. Fresh, and wonderful.. reminds me of the first day of school... I just love it.

SO.
Naturally, we were sitting at breakfast one morning, and I announce randomly to the kids - "Oh no!" (Imagine both kids, sitting at full attention, staring at me) "We haven't talked about Halloween costumes yet!"
Logan: "Oh no!!"
Eleanor: " - gasp - !"

I love my kids. Lol.

So after breakfast, we all piled together on our little ottoman and browsed the halloween costumes online. (Uh... with caution! WHO would let their 5 year old dress up like Freddy Kruger?? Parenting, people. Parent. See previous complaint post about people being dumb or some such similar nagging. Morons.) 

Eleanor concluded that she wants to be a princess. And Logan concluded that he wants to be Zelda-Leo/Ninja Turtle-Superman. We'll figure that one out later. :o)

So I got the crafy itch. I pulled down my magical purple box of crafty supplies, and pulled the lid off. It could have been dancing in sparkles, I tell you. It was great.

I pulled out some fabric scraps, and old t-shirt, and an old silk housecoat, and flipped the switch on my sewing machine. Two hours later (and one failed dress later.... luckily it will have a new home for someone who is a tid bit smaller than Eleanor is),  Eleanor's princess outfit was born. She wanted it to be "like" Rapunzel's dress.


I think I'll make another skirt eventually that she can wear underneath. This one (the white one) was made from an old t-shirt. The pink part is separate from the skirt - which I did, to be like the Rapunzel dress - which turned out to be a GREAT idea, because she can wear it over whatever else she is currently wearing. LOL.


Teeny princess.


The last picture is my absolute favorite. I love - love - love having a little girl. I love how girls and boys have their very own fun interests. Keeps variety in my house. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment