Thursday, October 6, 2011

A 'Grand' Lunchable

I was just wondering today, about how far I could make a lunchable stretch. I also have a problem where my 2-year-old constantly requests "lunchable! lunchable!" but she never actually eats the lunchable, she just picks off the cheese. (Hence why you don't really find them in our fridge anymore!)

So, I pulled a few ingredients out of my fridge and experimented.
It turned out great!

You'll need:

1. Refrigerator can biscuits
2. A lunchable
3. Chocolate sauce/whipped cream (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350°F.

I used Pillsbury 'Grands!' for my biscuits.
Place your biscuits out on a baking sheet.
I lined mine with parchment paper, just in case.
(Because nothing sticks to parchment paper!)
:oD


Open up your lunchable.


Assemble all the lunchables into sandwiches.
(You could even double up on these if you want them to be 'meatier', but I just used one this time around because everything in the lunchable - assembled - made 8 things to wrap in 8 biscuits)


Carefully separate the biscuit in half, and tuck in a lunchable.
(Or two, if you are going for "heartier")

Press closed around the edges with a fork.


Repeat with the rest, including the oreos!

:o)


Place in your oven for 12 minutes. 


They will come out golden brown:


Ta-da!
Stuffed biscuit lunchables.
WAY filling! My daughter ate one for lunch, and I had two and we were done.


Here is how the oreo one turned out:


I drizzled a little chocolate sauce on a plate,
(I used Hershey's)


And garnished with a little whipped cream,
(I used cool whip instead of the real thing...)


And a super easy dessert was born!


If you think about it, this could serve 4 people (or more, depending on how old they are) - all from one lunchable, and a can of biscuits.

SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment